Hey peeps! I hope you are having a fab week! I have been really busy with a ton of new projects for the blog. I can tell you I have loads more to say about life but for now I want to share a fun fashion post with you. After all, the title of my blog is “through the roads of cancer, fashion and faith.
Before I found out about my mom having cancer and leaving for Texas, 3 months ago. I was proud to know that I could write an article in my company’s newsletter once a month. I was overly-excited because I just LOVE fashion. I have always particularly loved shoes. Below is the article and fun facts on fashion around the office, I wanted to share with all of you …
Not all shoes are created equal. We all have some sort of flair when it comes to shoes. What gets us excited are the details– interesting shapes, colors and fabrics. Sometimes it’s even the plain Jane we like. So, what is a good shoe that can be versatile for the office? This season thicker heels are making a BIG comeback!
Here are five footwear tips:
- Avoid a pointy, super-narrow toe-box. The less space for toes, the greater changes of developing bunions and neuromas-and the more pressure is placed on the toes when you’re upright.
- Opened-back, slide-on footwear requires toe gripping that can lead to hammer toes and foot tension. Find a style with straps that keep the shoe attached to your body so your toes do not have to work. At AMERISAFE, sling back shoes are allowed as long as they cover the foot.
- If your ankles wobble with each step, you need either more hip strength or a better-shaped heel.
- Dropping an inch off your most frequented heel height is a great way to improve the state of the feet, knees, and back. It depends on your height, but a heel that’s less than two inches high is good. The ideal height is no heel. Placing your feet at any angle does some damage.
- Any flats that are nude keep it simple, yet classic for a perfect staple piece. Any inserts to comfort-up a pair of heels is always a bonus. They give you a nice heel cup to sink your feet into, even while wearing heels.
and happy shopping