I can’t believe tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and boy do I have the ultimate gift for you! Whether you are in a relationship or are a satisfied single, Valentines is a fun and cute holiday to get your significant other or friends a sweet little something that is sure to make them feel loved. Of course no matter how small the gift, shopping for someone you love can be quite daunting, so this why I’ve got the perfect Valentines gift for you! This gift is the perfect way to say, “I love you” to that special lady in your life. Or TREAT YO SELF! I mean it, don’t forget to splurge on yourself once in a while and buy the things you want.
One of the most often questions are: “Why do you believe in Purgatory” or “Why do you pray for the Holy Souls in Purgatory” … well, the best way I can describe this to you is … For one, wouldn’t you want your soul prayed for? And two, I think of Purgatory as a place getting your soul cleansed. I think of it, as sitting across the river realizing how much God loves you and how you are beyond sorry for every sin, you ever committed. This may sound silly, think of it like this … since we are the crawfish capital of the world, I think of crawfish purging before entering the pot. I mean, think about it!!
This Valentine’s Day and as we are getting into our lent season, why not show some love and thoughtfulness to our Holy Souls. I came across this bracelet via “The Catholic Company” and I couldn’t pass it up. I wanted something girlie for Valentine’s Day and the pearls is just that however, it has a little deeper meaning as the pearls are black then turning umbrae’ white. What a beautiful reminder.
The other day, I was at the gym walking on the treadmill and looked down at my bracelet. I thought “oh yeah, my bracelet!!” It reminded me of saying my prayer for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
Below are some examples and tips of what you do for the Holy Souls when you pray for them:
- There are more souls released from purgatory during consecration of the Mass than at any time.
- Christmas is the day of the year when most souls are delivered: then feast days of Our Lord, Our Lady and great saints.
- Souls receive much grace from prayers offered for them on their birthdays, day of baptism, and anniversary of death.
- The more we work for Poor Souls on earth the more others will pray for us, and more merciful will Christ be with us when we’re in purgatory.
- Our Lady asked that we pray very much for the poor souls, that we pray:
5 I believe in God …
1 Hail Holy Queen…
1 Our Father …
1 Hail Mary …
1 Glory be to the Father…
1 Requiem …
6. Whenever you pass a cemetery say the Holy Soul Prayer …
(Eternal Father, I offer You the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen.)
7. Offer a Mass to the Holy Souls
8. Your prayers are strongest at the consecration in Holy Mass
9. When you attend Mass, you afford the souls in Purgatory greatest possible relief
10. “The soul who during life has honored and studied the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels, Our Lord on the Cross all brilliant in glory will receive them and crown them.”
Thanks for reading,
How will you be celebrating the day of love this year? Let me know in the comment section below!
*** This post is sponsored by The Catholic Company