I’m embracing self care this year and with that being said, I went full force blonde again! I have been blonde pretty much my entire life, until the last few years when I started letting myself go. I’ve been allowing myself to step off into a deep depression, but truly not even realizing it along the way. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a daily struggle, but I’m inspired by so many of you. However, I’m most inspired by my mother. After everything she is going through she still looks beautiful on a daily basis. Her hair is always done and her makeup is always on point, and even though she is struggling with finding new ways to cater to her Lymphedema, she always has on the cutest outfits. She is truly my role model and has inspired me not to give up on myself.
That’s way I’m allowing myself once a week this year, to dive fully on the glam squad train! Here is what I’ve learned this week…
- True confidence comes from knowing how much God loves you and understanding your tremendous worth and value in Him.
- Don’t settle for “average” or “getting by”. You may have some limitations, but you can be extraordinary if you decide to be.
- It doesn’t increase your value when you find that you can do something that nobody else can do, nor does it diminish your value when you are with people who can do things that you cannot do. Our worth is not found in being different or the same as others, it is found in God.
- The world says, NO! In a thousand ways. And each NO you hear has potential to erode your confidence bit by bit until you quit although. You just need to be bold enough to say YES! When the world says NO!
- I thank God everyday – for everything. Everything.
- You fail only when you stop trying
- Finding my role of service
And never allow your confidence to be eaten up by fear and doubt